Are you afraid that your liver is becoming unhealthy because of the food that you eat and your unending stress? If you do, then it is the right time for you to do liver cleansing. You might now ask how to detox your liver and make it healthy even without doing so much work, right?
That is the reason why we are writing this article. For you to know that liver cleanse is as easy as counting 1,2,3 as long as you know what the right things to do are. Here is a list of the natural ways on how to cleanse your liver and you might be surprised to know that you can clean one of the most important parts of your body just by incorporating some things on your diet.
Also, make a note that the below listed foods are though healthy, can only clean a part of your liver. For full diet plan.
- Brussles sprouts – Brussels sprouts have glucosinolates that helps in the protection of the liver from being damaged. It is also a good food which helps the liver improve its toxin elimination process as well as regulating production of excess hormones.
- Crab apple – despite being more concerned on the physical and emotional well-being of people, the crab apple is certainly a good thing to help in processing a detox program.
- Lemon juice – lemon juice mixed with warm water every morning is a good thing for your liver. Since the lemon tastes sour, it will help trigger nerve and hormone activation in your liver. It is also beneficial for those people who are having slow bowel movements.
- Mary’s Thistle – this particular herb is very important and special for livers since they aim to protect the liver at all cost. They tend to shield the liver from damages brought about by alcohol and carbon tetrachloride. It also helps rejuvenates liver cells that had already been damaged.
- Swedish bitters – most herbalists will certainly recommend herbs that taste bitter. The bitter taste may not be amenable to you; however, it helps stimulate your digestive processes as well as bile production in your liver. The bile, which is half-digestive juice and half waste product, is being formed in the liver and excreted from the body via bowel.
- Tumeric – turmeric boasts its anti-inflammatory effects. It is very beneficial for the liver, as well as all throughout the body. It is also an excellent herb that is use to treat viruses and infections that are found in the liver.
- Water – so how to detox your liver using water? Simply increase your water intake. You may even drink other fluids such as herbal teas to better improve the flow of the nutrients into your system, as well as the flow of waste products from the liver and out for excretion. However, you need to make sure that you drink correct fluids here. Stay away from drinking beverages with caffeine and alcohol. Also, if you drink less water, there is a big possibility that you will develop gallstones since bile will be concentrated in your gall bladder.
- Zinc – zinc helps a liver enzyme called alcohol dehydrogenase to function properly. This particular enzyme is used in breaking down alcohol into smaller and less toxic substances.